Jobs at IL Decor
Experienced furniture sales consultants and interior designers needed(Back Bay, Boston)
IL DECOR is now hiring experienced furniture sales consultants and interior designers to staff our newly opened furniture showroom.
We are seeking a motivated, experienced sales and interior designer personnel. These are positions that require a minimum of two years experience in working with European Modern and Contemporary lines of furniture. Must possess a strong work ethic as our new store will challenge you to bring out your best talents to create a beautiful furnished home for our custom home clientele. IL DECOR is looking for talented sales consultants with superior customer service skills who are professional, friendly, possess drive, are goal oriented and have an entrepreneurial outlook.
This is a unique opportunity for those who are looking for a rewarding career working with innovative and exclusive lines of Italian and European lines of Modern Furniture. In this position, you will meet with clients, develop a client relationship, assist the client to create their interior design plans, and process the orders for the finished design. We offer initial and ongoing training in product and selling skills.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Access client needs, preferences, and expectations regarding their furniture and furniture design needs.
- Actively solicit and network for referral business through written communications, telephone contacts and networking in the community.
- Create home environments including measuring space, drafting a floor plan for placement of furniture and accessories.
- Perform in-home consultations and post in-home meetings to fulfill requirements of client's design package.
- Manage and follow up on writing purchase orders, acknowledgements, scheduling the delivery of merchandize and follow up with customer warranty issues.
- Attend regular sales, design and product meetings/training to learn about new product availability and specifications.
- Keep current knowledge of modern furniture industry trends and product knowledge.
- Handle retail showroom sales and walk-in traffic.
- Estimate material requirements and cost, and work to meet client's budget.
- Resolve client problems and issues as appropriate.
- Two years of professional retail experience in contemporary / modern furniture industry.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Professional presentation and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with optimistic attitude.
- Strong problem solving capabilities, prioritization, organization, and follow through.
- Ability and opportunity to professionally network in the community and to develop referral business.
- Interior design experiences a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.